Click here to find out how we can support you to connect with 0-5s and their Families. You will find examples of good practice, resources and ideas to inspire.
REACH: A Direction of Travel for Ministry with Children, Young People & Families in Lichfield Diocese
On the 16th September 2017, the RNG Team was commissioned by +Michael at a Celebration at St. John's Muxton. At this event, the team launched REACH: A Direction of Travel for Ministry with Children, Young People and Families in Lichfield Diocese, a review and refresh of the RNG Strategy originally launched in 2012.
- was written to provide refreshed depth, drive and direction for ministry with children, young people and families.
- is designed to be accessible at different points. You do not have to read the entire document to find useful resources, ideas and reflections that can be applied in your parish, benefice or deanery - just select the links on the right hand side of this page.
- links the work we do with children, young people and families to our diocesan priorities of Discipleship, Evangelism & Vocation. These threads are woven throughout the resources online and on the accompanying leaflet.
- encourages us all to think of children's, youth and families ministry as a continuum: 4 year olds turn into 8 year olds, who become 16 year olds, all of whom need opportunities to explore the life found in Jesus Christ.
- promotes team and partnership working both within and across churches - we cannot do this important work alone.
- prioritises intergenerational ministry.
What we do
The Reaching New Generations (RNG) Team exist to resource, equip and inspire you in your work with 0-35s. Whether it’s supporting the Sunday morning toddler’s group, a mid-week youth club, a Messy Church, chaplaincy in or ministry to schools, providing pastoral and spiritual care at festivals, or helping plant a fresh expression of church, if we can help at all, get in touch with us.
Our blog highlights the best thinking and practice from around the diocese, as well as book reviews and current issues affecting children, young people and their families today.