The Diocese of Lichfield is one of 44 dioceses in the Church of England. This diocese is further split into three Episcopal Areas, headed by an Area Bishop; and four Archdeaconries served by an Archdeacon. The Archdeaconries are further split into Deaneries and each Deanery is then split into parishes.
Rt Revd Dr Michael Ipgrave OBE became the 99th Bishop of Lichfield in 2016.
He leads the Bishop's Staff team comprising:
- Rt Revd Clive Gregory, Area Bishop of Wolverhampton
- The Ven Simon Baker, Archdeacon of Lichfield
- The Ven Dr Sue Weller, Archdeacon of Walsall
- Rt Revd Geoff Annas, Area Bishop of Stafford
- The Ven Matthew Parker, Archdeacon of Stoke-upon-Trent
- There is currently a vacancy for the Area Bishop of Shrewsbury following the departure of the Rt Revd Mark Rylands.
- The Ven Paul Thomas, Archdeacon of Salop
- Canon Julie Jones, Chief Executive Officer and Diocesan Secretary who heads the administrative team and implementation of Diocesan strategy.
- The Very Revd Adrian Dorber, Dean of Lichfield and head of Lichfield Cathedral
- Revd Preb Sarah Schofield, Bishops' Adviser for Women in Minstry
- Revd Preb Carl Ramsey.
- Revd Dr Rebecca Lloyd, Bishop's Chaplain
24 June 2019
Eighteen new priests were ordained at three services across the Diocese over the weekend. read more
20 June 2019
The new Lichfield Library is the latest to join the Places Of Welcome network. read more
19 June 2019
Exciting ecology during Love Your Burial Ground week read more
2019 News with active links Read more
An application form for the Bishop of Shrewsbury consecration on 3 July. Read more
Bishop Michael's Easter Day Sermon at Lichfield Cathedral on 21 April 2019. Read more