The Diocese of Lichfield is one of 44 dioceses in the Church of England. This diocese is further split into three Episcopal Areas, headed by an Area Bishop; and four Archdeaconries served by an Archdeacon. The Archdeaconries are further split into Deaneries and each Deanery is then split into parishes.
Rt Revd Dr Michael Ipgrave OBE became the 99th Bishop of Lichfield in 2016.
He leads the Bishop's Staff team comprising:
- Rt Revd Clive Gregory, Area Bishop of Wolverhampton
- The Ven Simon Baker, Archdeacon of Lichfield
- The Ven Dr Sue Weller, Archdeacon of Walsall
- Rt Revd Geoff Annas, Area Bishop of Stafford
- The Ven Matthew Parker, Archdeacon of Stoke-upon-Trent
- Rt Revd Mark Rylands, Area Bishop of Shrewsbury
- The Ven Paul Thomas, Archdeacon of Salop
- Canon Julie Jones, Chief Executive Officer and Diocesan Secretary who heads the administrative team and implementation of Diocesan strategy.
- The Very Revd Adrian Dorber, Dean of Lichfield and head of Lichfield Cathedral
- Revd Preb Sarah Schofield, Bishops' Adviser for Women in Minstry
- Revd Preb Carl Ramsey.
- Revd Dr Rebecca Lloyd, Bishop's Chaplain
Bishop Mark's Chrism Eucharist Sermon March 2018. Read more
Churchwarden’s Declaration Form for use from 2018 Read more