Here are a few practical details for you:
1. There is no car parking available at Shallowford House, a steward will direct you to the field being used as a car park as you arrive. If you need a disabled parking space, please have your blue badge ready and let the steward know. Please scroll down the page for directions.
2. As the festival is taking place in England in July the weather is likely to be unpredictable so do come prepared for all eventualities! We would ask you not to use umbrellas at the main stage though as other people won’t be able to see! A raincoat with a hood is much more in the spirit of a festival!
3. Food and drink are available to buy on the day and there is a great range of items available from snacks to more substantial meals, a real ale bar and soft drinks. Bottled water will be on sale as well as tea and coffee and there is also a water machine in the Main House to refill your bottle. Please do support the vendors who are coming to sell food, and don’t bring your own.
4. Please do bring a folding chair with you. Some of the indoor venues have seats but the outdoor ones don’t, so bring a folding chair. You are welcome to leave them outside when you are not using them.
5. Watch out for announcements of speakers and bands over the next few months.
When will tickets be released?
Tickets will be released in the new year. We will publicise it widely when we do.
Can I get a refund?
We're sorry, but we are not able to offer refunds.
Do I need to have a ticket for everyone?
Yes all members of your group needs to have a ticket including all those under 13 for whom advance tickets are free.
Do I need to bring my ticket with me?
Yes tickets will be checked on arrival and there will be no admittance without a ticket.
What happens if it rains?
The festival will continue as planned. Speakers, open mic and some other activities are either in marquees or indoors. Only a few outdoor activities are weather dependent. The main stage where the bands will perform will be covered although the audience area will be open.
Will there be baby changing facilities?
Yes there will be an indoor room dedicated for this purpose.
Is there somewhere to park?
Yes! On arrival you will be directed by stewards to a parking area in a field next door. Please follow the stewards’ directions.
Will there be food and drink to buy?
Yes we have invited a number of local suppliers of food. In addition there will be real ale for sale as well as soft drinks and water. Our aim is that all the food and drink will be reasonably priced and so we ask that if possible you support the local suppliers.
Can I bring a chair?
Please do! We want people to enjoy themselves and be comfortable so please bring your own folding chairs.
How do I get there?
Please scroll down this page to find directions.
Can my dog come with me?
We welcome well behaved dogs on leads.
The Shallowford postcode, ST15 0NZ, covers a large area. Use it in conjunction with these directions:
- From the M6: Leave the motorway at Junction 14 marked 'Stone A34 - Eccleshall'. Take A5013 towards Eccleshall. After passing through Great Bridgeford, take the right turn signposted 'Norton Bridge - Izaak Walton's Cottage - Shallowford'. Shallowford House is on this road. You will cross the railway line twice, on two narrow bridges. The House is about 500 yards beyond the second bridge on the left hand side among some trees and set back from the road.
- From Stafford: Leave Stafford on the A5013 - Eccleshall Road. Pass under the M6 at J14 and follow as above. From Eccleshall, take the B5026 towards Stone. Follow the new road layout and at the first roundabout take the second exit, at the next roundabout take the second exit then follow the road to the left after the railway bridge. Drive through Norton Bridge and Shallowford House is about 1/2 mile out of the village on your right.
There is no parking available on site - and the site will be closed to moving vehicles for the duration of the festival. Stewards will direct you to a field being used for a car park, if this becomes full, then stewards will direct you to parking along Station Road.
Our nearest mainline station is Stafford, approximately 5 miles from Shallowford. A taxi from Stafford station costs about £12-15.
Can't find what you're looking for here? Just contact us and we'll do our best to help you out.