|The Diocesan Bishop The Rt Revd Dr Michael Ipgrave OBE|
The Diocese of Lichfield is one of 44 dioceses in the Church of England. This diocese is further split into three Episcopal Areas, headed by an Area Bishop; and four Archdeaconries served by an Archdeacon. The Archdeaconries are further split into Deaneries and each Deanery is then split into parishes.
The Rt Revd Dr Michael Ipgrave OBE became the 99th Bishop of Lichfield in 2016.
He leads the Bishop's Staff team comprising:
- - vacant - , Area Bishop of Wolverhampton
- The Ven Dr Sue Weller, Archdeacon of Lichfield
- The Ven Julian Francis, Archdeacon of Walsall
- The Rt Revd Matthew Parker, Episcopal Vicar for Stafford Area
- The Ven Dr Megan Smith, Archdeacon of Stoke-upon-Trent
- The Revd Preb Terry Bloor, Associate Archdeacon of Stoke-upon-Trent
- The Rt Revd Sarah Bullock, Area Bishop of Shrewsbury
- The Ven Paul Thomas, Archdeacon of Salop
- The Revd Jo Farnworth, Associate Archdeacon of Salop
- Canon Julie Jones, Chief Executive Officer and Diocesan Secretary who heads the administrative team and implementation of Diocesan strategy.
- The Rt Revd Jan McFarlane, Interim Dean of Lichfield and head of Lichfield Cathedral
- The Revd Treena Larkin, Bishop's Chaplain
- The Revd Mary Thomas, Bishop of Lichfield's Adviser for Women in Ministry
- Peter Bate, Diocesan Director of Communications