The diocese has wanted to preserve the vital principle of supporting local church initiatives that was established by the Bishop's Growth Fund and so has merged the Growth Fund with Parish Projects Loans and Grants (PPLG) to create ‘Resourcing Parish Mission’ (RPM). This grant-making body was initially chaired by Bishop Mark of Shrewsbury, and currently has an interim chair in Archdeacon Matthew of Stoke. The full terms of reference are available here
(You may also like to consider the smaller 'Enrich' stream, specifically for Discipleship and Evangelism applications.)
RPM is available to give grants for:
- Equipment – e.g. data projector, notice boards (advice from us here and the DAC here), AV upgrades, etc.
- Small projects – e.g. start-up funding for a new congregation, outreach activities and missions, training of children’s leaders, community activities, holiday clubs, lunch clubs, church weekends, etc.
- Personnel* – a youth or children’s minister, a families worker, an alpha group coordinator, an evangelist, a church planter, a fresh expressions of church leader, a young adults networker, a dementia friendly worker, etc.
* The amount we have to allocate is smaller than was previously available under the Growth Fund so the number of personnel grants will necessarily be smaller.
The necessary application forms follow below.
- Smaller Projects: Equipment and other Smaller Applications
- Personnel: This is now a 2-stage application. All forms, Initial, Final and Budget Sheet to be requested from the Administrator Richard Barrett - email.
All forms are to be sent to the Administrator Richard Barrett; email or 01543 622592, or his office address at Unit 1, Three Spires House, Station Road, Lichfield. WS13 6HX
Our remainig 2019 meeting dates are pencilled in for Tuesday 17 September, and Thursday 5th December. Our next deadlines fall at Midnight on 19th August, and 3rd November,
If you are wanting to explore a grant related to personnel please contact Richard who will put you in contact with an appropriate diocesan representive. Applications for Personnel will now include Outcomes that are pre-agreed with that representative.
For more details of required outcomes see here. The diocese will also be providing line management training and will expect successful applicants to attend a training date within 6 months of a successful award. Visit the RNG Labs page to find the next Line Management Training date.
For more information about the type of grants that we would like to support, please see the links below.