- The Revd Ian Cardinal, Rector of St Michael and St Wulfad Stone with St Saviour Aston, Rural Dean of Stoke and Interim Rural Dean of Eccleshall – to the Prebend of Bobenhull
- The Revd Philip Moon, Vicar of Bishopwood and of Brewood – to the Prebend of Stotfold
- The Revd Brian Leathers, Vicar of Alton with Bradley-le-Moors and Denstone with Ellastone and Stanton and Mayfield, and Rural Dean of Uttoxeter – to the Prebend of Dassett Parva
- The Revd Helen Morby, Rector of Kinnerley with Melverley and Knockin with Maesbrook and or Maesbury – to the Prebend of Wolvey
- The Revd Sarah Morris, Managing Chaplain HMP/YOI Drake Hall and Bishop’s Advisor for Prison Chaplaincy – to the Prebend of Whittington
- The Revd Mark Salmon, Vicar of Harlescott and Area Dean of Shrewsbury – to the Prebend of Tarvin.
New Prebendaries named
The Bishop of Lichfield, the Right Revd Dr Michael Ipgrave, has appointed six clergy from the diocese to fill vacant Prebendary stalls at Lichfield Cathedral.
Prebendaries are members of the cathedral foundation, and become part of its extended community. The award of a Prebendary stall is an honour, recognising the contribution and service of the recipient to the life of the Diocese. In times past, it was also associated with rights and income from a parcel of land after which the Prebend is named.
Bishop Michael said: “I am delighted to offer these six clergy Prebendary stalls to recognise their dedication – whether in parish ministry or, as in Sarah’s case, serving as a chaplain at the heart of the prison community. I look forward to installing them at the Cathedral in April.”
The six will be installed at Cathedral Evensong on Sunday 15 April at 3pm.