“[The young people] I brought loved Innovate Mission on Saturday. The conversations in the car on the way home were great and we’re already thinking about how we follow-up.”
Jesus Christ asks us to love our neighbour (Luke 10:25-27), and to call others to become disciples (Matt 28:16-end). Young people need ways to fulfil these callings on their lives just as much as adults. We have developed Innovate Mission to help your 14-18s and their leaders to do this together.
Innovate Mission is aimed at 14-18s with the potential to be leaders in their local church and community, who will be accompanied by their youth leaders at each gathering. Below you'll find details about:
- Who should come
- What they'll learn
- Booking tickets
- Downloads for your young people and parents, youth leaders and the wider church
What will we cover?
Innovate Mission will cover many aspects of leadership as a Christian. Amongst other things, we will cover:
- Who am I and what has God called me to do?
- Listening for Mission Opportunities
- What is Church?
- Evangelism: The Basics
- Christian Leadership: The Basics
Who should come?
Innovate Mission is aimed at 14-18s with the potential to be leaders in their local community and church and their youth leaders / vicar. By ‘potential to be leaders’ we mean some (but not necessarily all) of the following things:
- You try to be servant-hearted
- You’re humble and teachable
- You try to take your faith seriously, questioning what it means to live it out in their local community and with your whole life
- You’re brave enough to try new ways of praying, worshipping and doing mission and sharing the story of your with others as a team
Innovate gatherings will be between 10am-4pm on the following dates:
- 22nd September 2018
- 19th January 2019
- 22nd June 2019 (includes a celebration event after our training day, finishing around 7pm)
What will we cover?
Innovate Mission will cover core aspects of being a disciple of Jesus Christ and developing your leadership skills, so we will cover things like:
- Discipleship – how do we put into practice the teachings of Jesus Christ with every aspect of our lives?
- Identity and Calling – Who am I, and what has God made me for?
- Listening to God for Mission – Where is God already at work in my community? What can we as a church contribute?
- Evangelism – How do I have better conversations about the big issues in life? How do I share my faith with my friends?
- Understanding the Church – What are the key aspects of church and why is it important?
How much does it cost?
Innovate Mission costs £20 per person for all three gatherings, or £8 per gathering if you purchase individual tickets. Money from tickets will help to cover venue hire, resources and drinks and snacks. If money is a problem, but you still want to come, just email email@example.com for details.
You can expect us to:
- Provide some great training, teaching, and worship
- Give you snacks and drinks throughout the day
- Give you resources and support to do practical activities in your home church
We’d expect you as young person to:
- Bring your youth leader / vicar with you (so you learn together and explore how to put what you’re learning into action)
- Sort out your own lunch (there are shops and a supermarket nearby that could help you out if that’s useful to know).
We would expect your church to:
- Send someone with you and your fellow young leaders to learn with you on the day
- Arrange travel to and from Innovate gatherings
- Arrange permission forms for you and your parents / carers as they’ll be the ones responsible for you whilst you’re there.
Downloads & Resources
The venue for Innovate Mission is St. Matthew’s Church, Walsall. See the map below for travel details, or visit their website here: http://www.stmatthewswalsall.co.uk
If you have any questions, don't hestitate to get in touch with us using the form below, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.