Funding Opportunities for Discipleship & Evangelism
Do you have an idea for discipleship or evangelism but need a bit of help to get it off the ground?
Can you think of a way of inviting others to join you in following Christ, in the footsteps of St Chad?
Churches are invited to apply for small grants from a fund of available especially for discipleship and evangelism!
The fund will support the following areas:
- Training (primarily of laity) in Evangelism
- Training (primarily of laity) in Discipleship
The fund will pay 90% of the cost of approved projects, on condition that the church is committed to funding the other 10%. This money has been donated for the furthering of the Kingdom of God in the Lichfield Diocese by a member of a church in the Diocese as part of their own commitment to Discipleship, Evangelism and Vocation.
Parishes should submit applications to: Helen Scheven, St Mary’s House, The Close, Lichfield, WS13 7LD; or email firstname.lastname@example.org, by 30 September 2018.
Applications must include:
- A clear project proposal detailing how the money would be spent and the vision for the project;
- A copy of a PCC resolution committing to finance 10% of the project;
- Name and contact details of a project leader or liaison person.
The committee administering the money will meet in November and approved projects will receive the money shortly thereafter. The decision of the committee is final.
New and creative ideas are strongly encouraged!
‘Evangelism’ should be understood as “The spreading of the Christian Gospel by public preaching or personal witness”.
Projects previously funded have included:
- Material for the Pilgrim course
- Materials for children including bibles, Easter books etc.
- Contributions towards bigger projects such as a St Chad’s Volunteer and Try Praying