Opportunity for Funding
Discipleship & Evangelism
Do you have an idea for discipleship or evangelism but need a bit of help to get it off the ground?
Can you think of a way of inviting others to join you in following Christ in the footsteps of St Chad?
Churches are invited to apply for small grants from a fund available especially for discipleship and evangelism!
A leaflet about the Enrich Discipleship and Evangelism grants is available here.
The fund will support the following areas:
- Training (primarily of laity) in Evangelism
- Training (primarily of laity) in Discipleship
Grants awarded in the past have typically been between £100 and £2,000.
The fund will pay 90% of the cost of approved projects, on condition that the applicant is committed to funding the other 10%. This money has been donated for the furthering of the Kingdom of God in the Lichfield Diocese by a small group of donors in the Diocese as part of their own commitment to Discipleship, Evangelism and Vocation.
‘Evangelism’ should be understood as “The spreading of the Christian Gospel by public preaching or personal witness".
Grants will be awarded three times a year and the deadlines are 31st March, 30th June and 31st October.
Application forms can be downloaded here.
Applications should be submitted to: Helen Scheven, 1 Three Spires House, Station Road, Lichfield, WS13 6HX; or email email@example.com.
Applications must include:
- A clear project proposal detailing how the money would be spent and the vision for the project;
- Evidence of commitment to finance 10% of the project from the PCC, or other appropriate source. This must be provided before the grant is released;
- Name and contact details of a project leader or liaison person.
The committee administering the money will meet following each deadline and approved projects will receive the money shortly thereafter. The decision of the committee is final.
Please note that applications can only be accepted from within the Diocese of Lichfield.
New and creative ideas are strongly encouraged!
Projects previously funded have included:
- Alpha, Pilgrim, and other courses.
- Resources for Life Events.
- New ‘Breakfast Service’.
- Street preaching.
- Children’s bible.
And many more. We are open to ideas.